Gawner city
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Gawner city

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The gold medals guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Gawner
Super Administrator
Super Administrator
Justin Gawner

The gold medals guide Empty
PostSubject: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Lots of people have problems with achieving gold medals on campaign levels. Some levels are easy, some are hard. This strategy should help you to get gold medal on every level and win winged helmed.
~~~~~~~

level 1: Finish block (basic and short tutorial level)
Strategy: An easy one. You should have no problem on getting gold medal. For better results wear aviator cap and have 100 points on speed and 30+ on accel.

level 2: Brick world (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: Easy level. Don't waste your time on breaking those bricks which doesn't effect gameplay. To clear bricks faster, wear aviator cap.

level 3: Item block tutorial (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: Easy level. Instead of using jet pack, use angel wings. When you get speed burst, jump over next blocks, because they're fake push blocks.

level 4: Bounce block jungle (basic and short tutorial level)
Strategy: Have around 85-100 points on speed. In places where you need to hit bounce twice, get to high for first time. When you jumping from trampoline at the end, try to land on the trampoline.

level 5: Safety net block tutorial (basic and short tutorial level)
Strategy: Very easy level. Have 100 points on speed. Go straight, avoid safety blocks. For better results use winged helmet.

level 6: Water block washin' (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: Add more points to accel before entering. In level, try not to bump block with your head (it will slow you down)

level 7: Nature (tutorial level)
Strategy: this level isn't hard. For better results wear mining helm. Have 53+ points on jump to reach 4 blocks jumping height. It is very useful because in most of places you won't need super jump. Also, then you bump rotate block for the first time, and loose a hat, don't waste your time on getting it back (It will take more time)

level 8: crumbly leap of faith (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: You'll need to be quickly here. Have 53 points on jump that you would not need to overuse super jump. To do the first super jump faster use aviator cap. Your speed and accel will do rest of job.

level 9: Canyon Rush (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: Have 100 point on speed and ~30 on accel. Run trough whole map. If you get a speed burst, consider yourself lucky.

level 10: Push block tutorial (basic and short tutorial level)
Strategy: If you wear mining helm you should have no trouble. For better results at the end try hit the exit and push block at the same time (This is quite hard)

level 11: newbs guide to happy/sad blocks (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: Don't waste your time on hitting every happy block. hit only 2-3 of them. It would be very good if near jumping part at the end you would use super jump.

level 12: mine block (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: Have 100 points on speed. Run trough whole level and try to avoid mines. To do super jump at the end, you may wear aviator cap.

level 13: the vanish block (basic short tutorial level)
Strategy: This is one of the most easiest maps in campaign. You just need to have 100 points on speed and you'll realy get gold medal.

level 14: teleport chaos (tutorial level)
Strategy: This level is harder than other tutorial levels. Wear mining helm and avoid mines. Also try to hit every happy block. To understand whole level you may need few tries.

level 15: Move block tutorial (basic and short tutorial level)
Strategy: Just try to avoid getting stuck between those moving block and you'll be victoriuos.

level 16: Ice block buster (basic tutorial level)
Strategy: Try to run trough whole map. Avoid bats and other hurt blocks. To do the last place better have 53 jump. Do not hit happy block. It will took longer to complete level.

level 17: radiant (short level)
Strategy: Easy level . Getting angel wings early on the map will help a lot.

level 18: the lost world (normal level)
Strategy: Avoid mines and try not to wall down. Items from question blocks may be very helpful. Try to run without stopping.

level 19: gusty grove (challenge level)
Strategy: the wind is blowing!! What should I do? My answer is fight. Prepare for a long fight with the wind try to hold right arrow key for very long time period, because you'll hardly move. Also try to land safely. If you follow this, you only do a few mistakes and win the gold medal!

level 20: heat wave 5 (normal level)
Strategy: Avoid lava and spikes! If you can't avoid them, learn to control your jump height and target your landing blocks. If you get speed burst use it whenever you can. Try to run as long as you can without stopping. At the end combine run and jump. If you want better results wear mining helmet.

level 21: sketch world (normal level)
Strategy: using the speed burst and super jump items in right places, you will get good time results. To beat level few seconds faster, use mining helm.

level 22: The nightmare (normal level)
Strategy: This level is not very hard. but you will need to learn one thing: Then you are falling trough lots of water blocks, you should coordinate yourself and target you landing water block. To do it you have to win the level at least once.

level 23: speed (normal level)
Strategy: Looks at the classic arrow blocks carefully. They show you what each block below and above it do. Try to avoid blocks which send you back. First time should be difficult.

level 24: Brain dead (normal level)
Strategy: In this level there are lots of hurt blocks. Try to avoid them. Jump carefully. They you're at the slippery stairs, one block shatters and you can fall down. In the swimming part try to swim carefully. If you won't do this, you will need to retry or to do super jump. Remember: the less mines you hit, the more chances you have to get the gold medal

level 25: Lost temple (normal level)
Strategy: Whose happy blocks and question blocks which are away form you path to exit are a trick. If you'll go and pick them, You waste your time for nothing! Well, it's good if you get jetpack at the start. When you'll be able to fly below first few happy blocks and bump them. Also, jetpack is very helpful in this level. The level itself is easy but you can fail because of that trick.

level 26: Candyland 2 (normal level)
Strategy: This level is simple If you get jet pack, you should have no problem. Super jump item also helps. Teleport help to pass swimming part much quicker. For better results wear aviator cap.

level 27: Truth and deceit (challenge level)
Strategy: Have 53 points on jump. Now this is what you need to do. Do not go into first "shortcut" - it's a trap. After that go to water (don't jump over it) After that go to tunnel. Those bats are annoying, in some places they even won't let you to go for some time. Even if they don't let you to pass avoid them and jump on their heads. After getting down to fire pit you see what in one place there are no way to pass. Don't worry. There are some invisible blocks and you can pass over them. When you will need to use shield don't to forget to refresh them. In area with lots of fire blocks you'll need to use all you mine avoiding skills. After passing some fire blocks you will start going up. Go as high as possible. After that don't fall down. then you cannot fall down anymore, you're safe and the exit you will finish easy. Remember: hats are not important in this level. If you loose it, don't waste your time on getting it back on your head.

level 28: blue construction zone (normal level)
Strategy: Destroy those crumble blocks at the beggining. After that you will need to show some jumping skills. Also you can skip the last happy blocks. For better results you can wear aviator cap.

level 29: Twin peaks (normal level)
Strategy: Remember the trick? Don't be fooled by it. With lower jump you often you can pass more challenging place easier than with way too high jump. Also in this map you will need to do completely speedrun to get gold medal.

level 30: Castle block (challenge level)
Strategy: This one is hard. Maybe you will need few tries to win a gold medal. For a beggining, grab a sword. Then you will travel though the shatter blocks use your sword twice. You need at least one sword use to break bricks shield what you will need to pass. Don't waste your time on bumping happy block.
Tip: try to beat whole level without hitting spikes and try to control your jump height. If you hit spikes more than twice, you'll probably won't win gold medal.

level 31: spider lair (normal level)
Strategy: If you can control your jump height, you should not have any trouble with avoiding the spiders. then you're jumping from one vanish block to other quickly. The vanish blocks in third tunnel are bounce blocks, so try to pass that place without jumping. After passing the ladders you will reach the falling part. Stay in one place and you will land safely at the bottom. There is a trap in hallway near jetpack. If you see a spider coming straight to you, jump. Because if you don't do so, you will hit an invisible hurt block. If you use Jetpack wisely you should be enough of it for rest of the level.

level 32: World of 3d illusionating (normal level)
Strategy: If you wear mining helm, you should have no problem with this. for better results have ~90-100 points on speed and 53 points on jump (with this you will be able to reach 4 blocks height and in some places you won't need super jump.)

level 33: cloud nine (normal level)
strategy: Avoid hurt blocks. You should have good flying skills if you want to win gold medal. You may need few tries to get gold medal.

level 34: vanish block (normal level)
strategy: This is not hard level. just avoid those enemies and don't fall down. Have ~90-100 points on speed and around 40 points on accel (to break the crumble block in "jail"). Hint: those flowers are the happy blocks and they are in your path.

level 35: platform castle (normal level)
Strategy: Items from the question boxes are very helpful (super jump and angel wing - move faster; sword - destroy shatter blocks faster) Then you reach the first place where paths split go up. In the part with push arrow blocks you may have some problems for the first times, but they're easy to pass. Then you get to lava labyrinth go left and you'll quickly find the teleport to the exit.

level 36: the white sun (normal level)
Strategy: You may need few tries to learn what way to choose. Also, Angel wings are very helpful. If you use them in right places, you won't have any trouble in wining gold medal.

level 37: doodle jump (basic level)
strategy: Have high jump (70+) and just keep jumping up to the finish. Jump on the jet pack and fly up to the end. Gold medal should be yours. (tip: wear aviator cap for better results)

level 38: razor blade (official) (normal level)
Strategy: Remember the original razor blade? Played it? If yes, you shouldn't have any trouble at winning gold medal. I recomend you to wear mining helm and pass below the island at the beggining. Don't loose your mining helmet, because it will be useful for crouching part at the end. Also always have plenty of swords.

level 39: rainbow road (normal level)
Strategy: This level is easy, just have around 100 points on speed and keep running trough whole level.

level 40: saihate (normal level)
Strategy: To get gold medal easier, get teleport item often and use it in right places. If you weren't lucky and didn't got enough teleports, try again.

level 41: volcanic panic (challenge level)
Strategy: This level is not as hard as it looks like. Just avoid hurt and safety blocks and control your jump height. You should have 80+ points on speed and 53 points on jump. For better results wear aviator cap, but don't loose it too often.

level 42: the mysterious forest (challenge level)
Strategy: This one is hard. You must finish it without doing ANY mistakes, so target where you land and avoid safety nets. Be very quick at destroying crumble block. Have 53 points on jump that you would do the jumping part at the end quicker. If you want to win gold, wear mining helmet.

level 43: eclipse theory (normal level)
Strategy: Don't get lost in the darkness maze. Be fast and avoid enemies. Laser gun may be helpful. have additional points on jump and accel. It's enough to have ~90 points on speed.

level 44: underworld dream (normal level)
strategy: This is easy level. You sholdn't have problems on beating. to win level faster, combinate your jumping and speed and run witout stopping. Also have more points on accel to do theswimming part quicker.

level 45: build the top (normal level)
strategy: Have 100 points on jumping and wear aviator cap for bonus 5 points on jumpimg. With total of 105 points on jump, you won't need any super jump. Then you're jumping, place a crumble block and land on it. If you'll place blocks in right places, you should reach top easily. Then you reach the final part, one portable block may help you.

level 46: special efex (normal level)
strategy: This level is easy. Just run and jump then you need to. Try to jump long distances at the jumping part near the end.

level 47: the top of the rainbow (short level)
strategy: Just don't forget to get and use teleport in right places. If you succefully avoid mines at the end, you should win gold medal easily. (tip: you should beat level without using superjump)

level 48: time circuits (puzzle level)
strategy: Not very hard level. before going to teleport room, go up and and get sword (you can jump on white clouds). After that go and choose the left teleport at the teleporting room. Then go and break bricks and go into cave (If you are skilled enough, you should have no trouble on passing the cave) At the end of the cave grab shield and go back to the main teleport room. Then choose the right teleport. Once teleported, go up (remember: you can walk on clouds!) and get to the building with ladders of mines. Now activate your shield and climb the ladder up (you should have ~50-70 points on accel to do it). After climbing up the ladders, get the teleport and return to the starting area then use your teleport and go to the exit.

level 49: tower of destiny (challenge level)
strategy: Avoid mines and safety nets. Target your landing places. be quick and have 53 points on jump. If you passed the level once, remember where to go in the darkness maze. Also, don't fall down then you'll be on vanish blocks. If you don't know there to go think and don't go back to start or straight on mines. Maybe the path to the exit is somewhere near? (tip: the ladder are swim blocks. I think you remember, how you won level "the nightmare"?)

level 50: void campaign (Challenge level)
Strategy: This level isn't easy, so you may need few tries to achieve victory. In this level you will need to use all your skills and knowledge which you achieved in previous levels. then playing level try not to max your speed on push arrow blocks, because you may go too fast and hit a bomb. then you teleport max your speed on the next push left arrow blocks and jump at the end. If you jump far enough, you will land on vanish blocks ("the shortcut"). Don't swim to fast near mines. Controling your (super) jump height is extremaly useful in this level. on the vanish block puzzle continue jump up and don't fall down. Also don't fall too low in the push block part. Then you reach move block part, Try to avoid trapping. after passing the move block hit rotate block twice and go down. once you reach the bottom, max your speed on push right arrow blocks and win.

------

(I have gold medal on every level; my stats are: speed-91 accel-30 jump-53; I wear winged helmet.)

Also you can add me as friend on PR3 (My name is MisterGawner) and see how I finish the level, if you have troubles on getting gold medals (I think I have some good times on some levels)

Important: Long ago campaign had other levels which now are replaced by other ones. If you got some gold medals on them, they were counted to your total gold medals needed to get winged helm. So if you got 3 gold medals before some levels were changed, You will only need to get 47 gold medals instead of 50 (So you even won't need to play them all Very Happy)

If you find any mistakes in my guide, say them. If you have you have your own strategy to get gold medal, say it too. Smile
~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading. I hope, this helped you.

Last edited by Justin Gawner on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://gawnercity.forumotion.com
imgood9
imgood9

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:44 pm

*Applauds* cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.jiggmin.com
Justin Gawner
Super Administrator
Super Administrator
Justin Gawner

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:47 pm

imgood9 wrote:
*Applauds* cheers
Thanks.
It was hard to write so much text. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://gawnercity.forumotion.com
imgood9
imgood9

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm

No worries. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mainza
Mainza

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks this is really helpful. I shall use this... especially on Void Campaign.
Back to top Go down
imgood9
imgood9

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
I rated 5. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mainza
Mainza

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 pm

imgood9 wrote:
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
I rated 5. Very Happy

Me too!!
Back to top Go down
Jcaroppoli

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:49 am

god all i need to do is Beat Build to top and Void campaign Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mainza
Mainza

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:08 pm

I've got speed hat but I haven't got gold on all campaign levels. To be honest I've hardly got gold on any.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The gold medals guide   The gold medals guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The gold medals guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gawner city :: City centre :: Library of the Ancients-
Jump to: